Download the Solar Leasing guide and register at https://farmland.org/PNWSolar
To accompany the recent release of our guidebook, Solar Leasing: A Guide for Agricultural Landowners in the Pacific Northwest, the American Farmland Trust’s PNW team is offering workshops to help agricultural landowners better understand the complexity of solar leases. Each two-hour workshop** will focus on the first two sections of the guide, covering topics such as:
- Understanding the Scale of Solar Projects
- Realizing the Phases of the Solar Leasing Process
- Exploring Agrivoltaics: Solar and Farming
- Weighing Financial Opportunities, Losses, and Risks
- Recognizing Impacts to Agriculture and the Land
- Respecting Relationships: Having powerful conversations with others who have connections to your land, and
- Identifying Non-Negotiable Issues
Throughout each session participants will have an opportunity to ask questions and participate in reflection exercises. Please help us spread the word by sharing the attached flyer throughout your communities.
** Each workshop is identical, interested landowners need only register for one.